Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, faux grits ☆ grain free porridge. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook faux grits ☆ grain free porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge:
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- Get of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- Get of keep those separate ^.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- Make ready 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- Get 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- Make ready 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- Make ready 4 cups of water or milk.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Steps to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge:
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
The Meals You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health
Something that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. In this post we are going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Among the first types of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will realize that most berries have massive amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. Most berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is incredibly beneficial to your overall health and is particularly good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will find that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off a number of diseases.
Although most of you have been told repeatedly that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. You may already know that the majority of of the vitamins you need each day can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. You will find that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is full of potassium. You will also discover that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Also when you are looking for a snack to hold you over in between meals, grab a handful of nuts or seeds. Most nuts will have a lot of protein and you can in addition find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. These types of fatty acids are essential to helping your body create the proper levels of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. A few of these hormones that are needed can only be produced by having these fatty acids within your diet.
Most of your meals should also include fish including salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. You will recognize that salmon is also full of Omega-3 and various other nutrients. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. It’s also wise to trim off any extra fat that you find on the particular meats that you’re planning to eat.
Citrus fruit will be one of the greatest things that you can have for your desserts, instead of having a piece of cake or even ice cream. In addition to vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces combined together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will find that you can be living a healthier life. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.