Crab Curry Bengali Style.
You can have Crab Curry Bengali Style using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab Curry Bengali Style
- It’s 4 of Crabs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of Onion medium size.
- You need 1.5 tbsps of Ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1.5 of Tomato medium size.
- It’s 2 of Cinnamon large sticks.
- It’s 4 of Clove.
- It’s 3 of Cardamon.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder Red.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 – 4 of chillis Green , slit.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mustard oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
Crab Curry Bengali Style instructions
- The crabs should be deshelled, cleaned, and separated..
- Marinate the crabs in 1 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Leave aside for 15-20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and tomato finely..
- In a large wok, heat up 1/4 cup of mustard oil. Now add in the marinated crabs. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, till they change colour and get a light brown coating..
- Now remove the crabs from the wok, and keep them aside..
- Add 2 tbsp of mustard oil to the hot wok. Then add the cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves..
- After 30 secs, add in the onion and the ginger-garlic paste. On medium flame, salute these for 4 minutes..
- Now add in the cumin and coriander powder. Also add salt, red chilli powder, and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Mix well..
- Finally add in the tomatoes. Cook this on low heat for 7-8 minutes. Keep stirring..
- The masala should start to ooze out oil from the sides. Its colour should now be golden-ish brown. Add 1-2 tbsp of water if required, to prevent the ingredients from getting burnt..
- Now, add in the fried crabs. Stir everything around for 1 minutes..
- Add in the water. Put this on boil for 4-5 minutes..
- Add the sugar, and the green chilli..
- The water should reduce down to about 1/3 of its original volume..
- Adjust salt according to your taste..
- Serve with plain white rice!.