Inside-Out Uramaki California Rolls.
You can cook Inside-Out Uramaki California Rolls using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Inside-Out Uramaki California Rolls
- It’s 1 of equivalent to 180 ml of raw rice Sushi rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of White sesame seeds to mix with the sushi rice.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- It’s 4 stick of Imitation crab sticks.
- It’s 1/2 of Cucumber or lettuce.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 4 of sheets Nori seaweed, 1/3 of a sheet.
Inside-Out Uramaki California Rolls step by step
- Using powdered sushi vinegar makes it easy. This time I mixed white sesame seeds into the sushi rice..
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed. Slice into eight even slices. If you prep the slices like in the photo, it'll be easier to roll them in the sushi..
- Slice the already halved cucumber diagonally in half, then vertically slice into 3-4 even slices. Basically, slice the fillings into isosceles triangles..
- Slice the imitation crab sticks diagonally..
- Roll the fillings and mayonnaise in the nori seaweed..
- Roll it into an isosceles triangle shape as best as you can..
- Spread about 35-40 g of sushi rice in one layer inside one half of the onigiri mold. Rather than creating a cavity of rice in the center of the mold, think of it more as creating walls on the right and left sides..
- Place the ingredients wrapped in nori seaweed into the center of the mold..
- Add the remaining half of the sushi rice (approximately 35-40 g), close the mold, and squeeze it tightly. Then you're done!.
- This pointed rice ball is a slightly long and narrow triangle, so the way it looks when slicing it into 3 equal slices is one of its unique features..
- It looks beautiful when arranged like this after being sliced into 3 pieces..
- These are eho-maki, which I filled with 7 ingredients based on the Seven Deities of Good Luck. Please go check it out…
- This is the onigiri mold that I used. [You can use a pointed rice ball mold or anything that you like!].