Chilean Marraqueta (pan batido o pan francés).
You can cook Chilean Marraqueta (pan batido o pan francés) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilean Marraqueta (pan batido o pan francés)
- You need 1000 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 600 ml of cold water.
- You need 10 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 25 g of salt.
- It’s 8 g of instant yeast.
Chilean Marraqueta (pan batido o pan francés) instructions
- Mix flour, water and sugar in a mixing bowl for 3 minutes with mixer in low setting. Transfer to oiled bowl and cover with film. Let rest overnight (or at least 3 hours)..
- Transfer back into mixing bowl, add yeast and salt. Mix in mixer using dough hook for 20 minutes in low-medium setting. Transfer to oiled bowl and cover with fil. Let rest 2 hours..
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough to remove air bubbles. Transfer to bowl an cover with film. Let rest until dough doubles in size..
- Repeat 3 or continue to 5..
- On a floured surface, knead lightly and separate into even numbered (100g) balls and plave on a buttered oven tray or baking sheet. To shape the Marraquetas, put two balls slightly flattened, next and touching each other. Then, divide the dough lengthwise with the handle of a wooden spoon (must be floured to avoid sticking), but without completely cutting the dough. Cover and let rise up to 1 hr..
- Bake in oven preheated at 200C, for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. To get the browning, you must put a tray with boiling water in the oven at the same tim you bake the bread..