Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry.
You can have Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry
- Prepare 300 grams of Fish fillets (I used swordfish this time. Mackerel or tuna would be also good).
- You need 1 of Onion (cut into bite-sized pieces).
- It’s 4 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil for stir-frying.
- You need 1 small of piece each Ginger, garlic (finely chopped or grated – I recommend chopping them finely).
- Prepare 1 of Spices (I used cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and cardamon seeds).
- It’s 1 of Pepper (I recommend black pepper).
- Prepare 1 can of Canned whole tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of water: 250 ml Water (or water + coconut milk).
- It’s 1 of (Optional) Fresh coriander or parsley for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of (Optional) Chili pepper or cayenne pepper.
- It’s of [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A].
- Prepare 200 grams of A: Plain yogurt (I used Meiji Bulgaria yogurt).
- You need 2 tbsp of A: Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of A: Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 small of piece each A: Ginger & garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 of rounded teaspoon A: Sugar (Honey).
- Prepare 1 of A: Spices (I used cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and chili pepper).
- Prepare of Seasoning ingredients B:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of B: Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of rounded tablespoon B: Soy sauce (or fish sauce).
- You need 1 of rounded tablespoon B: Curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of B: Honey (or sugar).
Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry step by step
- Cut the fish into an appropriate size. Combine the [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A] ingredients together to make the marinade..
- Marinate the fish in the [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A] for more than 30 minutes. Keep the leftover marinade for later use..
- Fry both sides of the marinated fish in a frying pan. There might be some moisture from the fish, but keep frying until there is no moisture left in the frying pan. The tandoori fish is ready!.
- Put the vegetable oil in the pot, add the chopped (grated) ginger, garlic, and spices of you choice, and fry over low heat until fragrant..
- Add the onions and mushrooms to Step 4, sprinkle pepper, and lightly fry over medium heat..
- Add the canned whole tomatoes and water (or water + coconut milk) to Step 5, and simmer until the vegetables soften..
- When the vegetables are soft, add the seasoning ingredients B and mix. Add the leftover tandoori marinade from Step 2 & 3, and simmer a little..
- Add the tandoori fish from Step 3 to the curry from Step 7. Simmer until the liquid is reduced (about 10 minutes), and it's done!.
- If you like it spicy, add chili pepper or cayenne pepper to finish..
- Garnish with fresh coriander or parsley to taste..
- I served it with naan bread and turmeric rice..
- [How to make simple turmeric rice] Just add turmeric and butter to hot cooked rice and mix..
- "Easy Tandoori Chicken". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149196-simple-authentic-tandoori-chicken.