You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 2.5 cups of Self-Rising flour.
- You need 1.25 cups of cold buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of salted butter, frozen.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- Grate frozen butter using food processor or box grater.
- Stir butter bits into flour and chill in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make hole in center of flour mixture and add buttermilk.
- Stir until just combined, about 15 stirs..
- Roll dough into long rectangle on floured surface.
- Fold short ends together and roll out into another long rectangle. Repeat 3 more times..
- Roll dough out one to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 10 biscuits, reshaping scraps as needed..
- Bake 12 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter..