Taisen's husband's fried kielbasa and potatoes.
You can have Taisen's husband's fried kielbasa and potatoes using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's husband's fried kielbasa and potatoes
- It’s 1 of to 2 packages of light polish kielbasa cut into small pieces or long length slices ( we use light because of his diet ).
- It’s 4 of to 8 small red potatoes cut up ( you can add more if you like ).
- You need 1 of small to medium sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 of to 4 tablespoons of olive oil ( you can also use butter ).
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning ( you can add more ).
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper ( you can use more ).
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder ( you can use more ).
- It’s 1 tsp of sage ( you can add more or omit this ).
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil ( you can add more or less or omit ).
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt ( more or less as desired ).
- Prepare 1 pinch of of red pepper ( more or less as desired ).
- It’s 1 of other things you can add if desired – green, red , yellow peppers , bacon , sausage . use anything you like !.
Taisen's husband's fried kielbasa and potatoes instructions
- Cut up your kielbasa either long length slices or small bite size pieces..
- Rinse potatoes well. Cut out any spots , sprouts etc . Cut into small bite size pieces. Rinse again if you like. You can do them larger but they will take longer to fry..
- Peel off outside of the onion. Slice into rings , dice or slice half rings. Your choice or preference.
- In a frying pan add in your oil or butter. Turn heat up to medium or medium high. The higher you have the heat the quicker it will cook but can burn faster..
- Add in your potatoes. Add in seasonings. Mix well. Cook until they are almost done..
- Add in your kielbasa. If you like your kielbasa cooked longer add them sooner , if you only like it warmed add in later or closer to when the potatoes are cooked..
- Add in your onion. Again depending on how you like your onion cooked is when you should add it..
- Keep an eye on this so it doesn't burn. Continue cooking until all of the potatoes are fully cooked. Stir/mix/flip continually throughout the whole cooking process..
- Before this is done cooking , make sure that you cook anything else your having along with it and start them whenever you need to ie; rice can be done around the end of cooking this , macaroni and cheese will take longer so start that sooner etc .. this could also work as a side if you like.
- Serve immediately with any sides and enjoy !.