You can cook Blueberry Cobbler using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Cobbler
- Prepare 1 cup of self rising flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 4 cups of fresh blueberries or thawed frozen blueberries.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1-1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Blueberry Cobbler step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in oven while its preheating..
- Add blueberries, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and water in pan and bring to medium high heat. Stir and heat until sugar dissolves..
- If you like whole blueberries in cobbler you can just heat to dissolve sugar. If you like more juice, boil until berries soften. This doesnt take but a few minutes..
- In bowl mix flour, sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and free of lumps..
- When butter has melted, pour the flour mixture over butter but do not stir..
- Spoon blueberry and juice over top again without stirring..
- I like mine with a lot of juice so i usually add most of the liquid. But if you prefer a more cakey cobbler use less juice..
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes checking after 20. Bake until golden brown and bubbly..
- Serve hot, warm or room temp. Great with vanilla ice cream..