Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, green chile chicken enchiladas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook green chile chicken enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Make ready 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- Get 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Make ready 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Make ready 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Get 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Get 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Prepare of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
Steps to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
The Food Items You Select To Consume Are Going To Effect Your Health
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food location. You will see that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the unwanted side effects will be really bad. This is why we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health.
Among the first types of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will discover that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. Most berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with is keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off many different diseases.
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good affect on your health. Potassium is among the things that you will find in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will find that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. Spinach can also be something that you might want to start consuming more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Nuts and also different seeds will be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to discover that these snack items are loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have more than others. Omega-3 and also Omega-6 are classified as essential fatty acids and they’re essential simply because your body makes use of these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. A few of these hormones that are needed can only be produced by having these fatty acids throughout your diet.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you’ll have for dinner, you may well want to make sure you are eating a good amount of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will recognize that salmon is also abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Now when you choose to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you will require for the day. Also before cooking your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Along with vitamin C, you will realize that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mix off with a teaspoon of honey.
For those who want to start living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.