Rotini with sausage and apples. I used whole wheat rotini, and I used hot italian turkey sausage as opposed to sweet, and then dialed back. This Italian Sausage Rotini is a husband favorite (our kids love it too)! It's a little spicy and really cheesy and just yummy.
The Best Garden Rotini Recipes on Yummly Asparagus Pesto With Gnocchi And Ham, Italian Sausage With Pasta And Herbs, Quick Zesty Chicken Pasta Pot. Toss pasta with sausage and vegetables, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed to create a sauce. You can have Rotini with sausage and apples using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage and apples
- Prepare 3 of fresh pork sausages (kielbasa, Italian, or bratwurst all work).
- It’s 4 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- You need 1 of large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of light cream.
- You need Handful of fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons.
To serve, stir in basil and top with parmesan. Gradually stir in cream and cheese; heat through (do not allow to boil). Even if all the noodles aren't totally submerged in liquid when added to the pan, they will still cook through. For an extra boost of flavor, stir in cooked sausage and serve with additional cheese.
Rotini with sausage and apples instructions
- Add 1 cm of water and the sausages to a large pan on medium-high heat. Let simmer until the water boils off and the sausages are about half-cooked. While you're waiting, put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Drop the rotini into the pot of boiling water. Remove the sausages from the pan and cut them into 1/2 cm rings. Return them to the pan along with the apples, shallot, garlic, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Fry until the sausages are caramelized and the apples softened but not mushy, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add a couple of pinches of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper..
- Stir the cream into the pan. Drain the pasta and add it, along with a splash of the pasta cooking water. Throw in the basil, then toss..
Roast Porcelet with Sausage and Apples. Cutting the uncooked sausages into chunks turns them into something like meatballs. The sauce is fresh and quick to make, and if your family isn't crazy about zucchini, you Meanwhile, cook the rotini in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and add to the sausage mixture in the pan. Brown sausage and ground beef and drain grease.