Pepper steak / beef pepper steak. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! As a kid I loved when my Mom made pepper steak and now that I'm an adult, it's always a hit in my house when I make it.
Reviews for: Photos of Beef Pepper Steak. Beef Pepper Steak. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. You can cook Pepper steak / beef pepper steak using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
- Prepare 1.5-2 lbs of beef strips.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of green pepper, minced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of sofrito.
- You need 1 packet of sazon.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Rest of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of of any other pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out! We live on the eastern edge of the Sand Hills here in Nebraska, where most folks are ranchers. This popular pepper steak recipe is tasty as well as colorful. —Carolyn Butterfield, Atkinson, Nebraska. Try our quick and easy beef pepper steak recipe.
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak instructions
- Cut your beef into slices, if it isn't already. In large mixing bowl, add diced onions, diced peppers, garlic, oregano, bullion cube, sazon, soy sauce, sofrito, lime juice, black pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix to combine. Let marinate for atleast 30 min- 2days..
- In down time, slice onions & peppers..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add your meat. Let your meat cook for 4-5 min. Then stir for about five minutes so all sides are brown..
- Add water by placing it into the marinade bowl then add to the meat. Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. If water dries up, you can add more. Stew meat for 10-45 minutes depending on the type of beef you are using. Once meat is tender, add onions, peppers & vinegar. Add a little more water, turn down the heat & cook until onions/peppers are to your liking..
See a full list of ingredients and how to prepare the steak step by step. Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil, then add bell peppers. Crockpot Pepper Steak and Rice Recipe. I don't know about you, but our weeknights are so easy Thanks to this easy pepper steak recipe you don't have an excuse to make dinner even on the busiest nights.