Sweet potato and bacon patties. Sweet potatoes are a bit too starchy for my husband and me. But sweet potatoes do have some benefits, and my kids really like these patties – they are one of their favorite side dishes. Since these patties are very easy to make, I am happy to make them for the kiddos.
Cut the bacon rashers in half and arrange four halves over each sweet potato patty. Sweet potatoes are a nutritious healthy choice. They have anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory & disease-fighting properties. You can cook Sweet potato and bacon patties using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and bacon patties
- It’s 4 of medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bacon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of self rising flour.
Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Add cold water to cover, and bring to a boil; then lower the heat and let simmer until the potatoes are Shred and add the cook bacon as well as the onions and the egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Form four patties using the sweet potato mixture.
Sweet potato and bacon patties instructions
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 10 minutes, or till done. Then peel after they cool.
- Mash the potatoes and then spread to cool some more..
- Chop bacon and cook.
- Move too a paper towels let it absorb excessive oil let cool.
- Add an egg to the potatoes.
- Add bacon and mix.
- Form potatoes into patties. Very lightly coat with flour and fry.
- Turn when fried side is firm.
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive oils.
- Serve very soon after cooking hope you enjoy!.
Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest vegetables. Sweet potato patties can make a delicious dinner or lunch. You can make a basic patty using sweet potatoes, flour, and rice. You can add ingredients like cilantro and garlic. If you want to add some extra protein, add bacon to your sweet.