Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew.
You can cook Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew
- It’s 1 lb of Kielbasa, or Andouille sausage, cut in rounds.
- You need of Canola Oil, for searing.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breast, diced.
- You need 1/2 c of red bell peppers, julienne.
- It’s 1/2 c of green bell peppers, julienne.
- It’s 1/2 c of yellow bell peppers, julienne.
- Prepare 1/2 c of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 c of carrots, small diced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, slivered.
- It’s Splash of white wine.
- It’s 3 T of Flour.
- It’s 3 c of chicken stock.
- You need 1 c of jicama, small diced.
- Prepare 1 lb of kidney beans, rinsed.
- You need 2 T of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 t of savoy, crumbled.
- You need 1/2 c of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 5 t of chili flakes or hot sauce.
Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew step by step
- Take a Dutch oven and place it on high heat with the canola oil..
- To the hot oil, add the sausage, chicken, and cook 50%..
- Next, add all the belle peppers, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes constantly stirring around..
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine, add the flour and stir until combined..
- Add the chicken stock, jicama, and the remainder of the ingredients except the green onions. Cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked thoroughly..
- Plate and serve with a side of rice. Sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!.