Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Pecan Chewies.
You can have Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Pecan Chewies using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Pecan Chewies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter flavored shortening.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of chocolate chips. Can use white or 1/2 cup each. Also good with butterscotch chips.
Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Pecan Chewies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Cream together the shortening and sugar..
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well..
- Add dry ingredients until mixed well..
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch round baking pan with non stick cooking spray, lightly..
- Press dough evenly into pan..
- Bake at 350 for about 9 to 15 minutes. Depending on oven. Keep a check and don't over cook..
- I always cook mine until still soft and remove from oven and let residual heat finish cooking. I like a chewy cookie bar..
- Let cool slightly before cutting..
- Cut into wedges, squares or individual cookies..
- You can also put in square baking dish, or roll into 2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart if you like..
- The smaller the pan, the thicker the bars. Cook according to thickness..
- Can use half unsalted butter and half shortening. (Thanks for the input on this deneen.flowers1 ).