Cheese Biscuits *courtesy of Paula Deen*.
You can have Cheese Biscuits *courtesy of Paula Deen* using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Biscuits *courtesy of Paula Deen*
- Prepare 2 cup of Self-Rising Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- You need 1/4 stick of (1 stick) melted butter.
- You need 1 of *Optional* Chopped parsley and garlic.
Cheese Biscuits *courtesy of Paula Deen* step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium bowl, add flour,baking powder,pinch of salt & sugar, mix well. Then you're going to cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles fine bread crumbs. **At this point if you want to add in parsley and garlic, this is the time to add them, again this step is optional**.
- Add in cheese and stir in your buttermilk just until mixed. DON'T OVERMIX!!.
- **I baked mine in muffin pans**, but, the recipe says to use an ice-cream scoop and drop the biscuit dough onto a greased baking sheet..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush melted butter over the biscuits. And serve..