Southern Style Biscuits.
You can cook Southern Style Biscuits using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Style Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cup of self-rising flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of shortening, room temperature (or walnut size scoop of lard).
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt, optional.
Southern Style Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Cut in shortening into flour until pea size..
- Add buttermilk and stir until it makes a ball in the bowl..
- Roll out dough on lightly floured area and cut out with cutter. (I use a tin can!).
- Place biscuits in greased or sprayed pan, sides touching..
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until brown on top..