Victoria Sponge Cake.
You can cook Victoria Sponge Cake using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- It’s 2 cup of self-rising flour.
- You need 2 cup of butter.
- You need 4 large of free range eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 can of whipped cream.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh berries.
Victoria Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Grease and line a round cake tin (18cm) with baking paper. I usually grease the baking paper with butter and then sprinkle some brown sugar. This makes the cake crust a lovely brown color and adds flavour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time…
- Add in the vanilla essence.
- Add flour and then mix.
- Add the milk.
- Keep mixing till batter is soft and dropping consistency.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin… and spread out the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25mins or until golden brown and check with a tooth pick or skewer inserted in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- Decorate with cream and add freshly cut berries.