Upside down Caramel Banana Cake. If bits of caramel or banana stick to the bottom of the pan, scrape them off and place them back onto the cake. This cake tastes incredible with its combination of bananas and caramel drenched cake. Now, place a large plate upside down over the.
One of Canadian chef Gail Simmons' favorite company desserts is this upside-down cake. She says, "The appeal of this cake is the balance of familiar comfort food and elevated moment of 'wow' when it's inverted and served warm. Moist sour cream cake topped with bananas and a thick caramel sauce. You can have Upside down Caramel Banana Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside down Caramel Banana Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1 of Banana, very ripe, mashed.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sour cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Self rising flour.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Superfine sugar, heaped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- You need 6 1/2 tbsp of Salted Butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, room temperature.
- You need of Carmel topping.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- You need 4 large of Bananas, just riped, sliced diagonally.
The cake is made upside-down, then flipped over after baking. There's no better topping for a dark chocolate cake than sweet bananas and gooey caramel. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk, ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat the batter on high.
Upside down Caramel Banana Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 inch round cake pan..
- Topping: in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, then add sugar and syrup, cook for 3 minutes..
- Pour caramel sauce into cake pan to coat..
- Sift flour and spices together in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, baking soda, and mashed banana together. Set a side and let sit for 3 minutes..
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar with mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy..
- Add vanilla extract and then eggs one at a time, mixing for 1 min after each egg..
- Add flour mixture to butter, mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Then add banana mixture, mix well..
- Carefully arrange banana slices in cake pan, starting from the outside. Make sure to overlap the bananas as you go around in a circle, working your way towards the middle..
- Carefully pour cake batter into cake pan, smooth the top to spread evenly..
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until done..
- Let cool for 3 minutes before running a knife around the rim to loosen the sides. Invert cake onto a plate. Leave for a minute before removing pan..
- Pairs nicely with clotted cream, ice cream or with a little sprinkling of sea salt on top of carmel!.
A whole wheat banana upside down bread baked in a loaf pan and topped with extra caramel sauce. I was just craving something cakey…something caramelly (like that truly magnificent Whole Wheat Pear Upside Down Gingerbread Cake with Caramel Sauce) I noticed the stash of bananas in. Take your bananas up a notch with this caramelised, cinnamon scented upside-down cake! Banana bread was always a staple in my mom's kitchen when I was growing up. Over the years, I have riffed on her recipe in dozens of ways: adding Then, about a year ago, I decided to play with the idea of a banana upside-down cake, topped with banana slices and salted caramel, which both soaks.