Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, kerala style spicy chicken curry. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Make ready 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Prepare of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- Make ready 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- Get of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- Make ready 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- Get 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Take 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- Get 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Take of For Masala :.
- Prepare 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Take 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Get 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Get 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- Get 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Take 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Instructions to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
The Meals You Select To Feed On Will Certainly Effect Your Health
One thing that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you get from these fast food places are generally foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. You will be delighted to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
You will find that different kinds of berries can be really good for your health. You will find that most berries have large amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with is keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off many different diseases.
You must remember your parents telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is extremely important for a healthy and balanced body. Potassium is one of the things that you will discover in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. One of the veggies which will provide you with the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will additionally realize that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Nuts and also different seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. The majority of nuts will have a lot of protein and you can also find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your body with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Your system will use these fatty acids as a source for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. If you don’t get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to generate a few of the hormones that it needs.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you should have for dinner, you may want to make sure you are eating lots of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. The beauty of salmon is that as well as other nutrients it’s also loaded with Omega-3. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. So that you can limit your fat intake you ought to cut off any visible fat before you cook the meats.
Additionally when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. In addition to vitamin C, you will find that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a gentle honey dressing.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.