QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake). Put the ready cut Tteokbokki (rice cake) into a small bowl, next add in the Tteokbokki sauce ontop. Then is done❤️ tips: taste much better topping with roasted sesame seeds. Dried anchovies, dried kelp, eggs, fish cakes, green onion, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, rice cake, sugar, water.
Make the best Korean spicy rice cake at home with this easy recipe! Literally translated as "stir-fried rice cake", tteokbokki is made with garaetteok, a cylinder-shaped white rice cake. This spicy rice cake dish is enormously popular as a street food and also often enjoyed at home. You can have QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake)
- You need of Tteokbokki dough ingredients.
- You need 2.5 cups of glutinous powder.
- You need 0.5 cup of rice powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- You need 100 gm of anchovies.
- Prepare 2 dl of water.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of gochujang (korean chili paste).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Tteokbokki or ddeokbokki is a popular snack in Korea. Korean street food is famous for flavor and this spicy tteokbokki doesn't disappoint: Chewy garaetteok (rice cakes) are cooked in chile paste and soy sauce. All Reviews for Tteokbokki (Korean Spicy Rice Cakes). Tteok (Korean rice cakes, also spelled dduk or toppoki) are available in Asian markets.
QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake) step by step
- Mixed the dough ingredients slowly by adding the water. Knead it until become medium soft dough texture. Let it rest aside and prepare for steam..
- Ready the steamer. Brush the sesame oil on the steamer plate to avoid the dough stick on it. When the steamer water is boiling, put in then dough in the flat shape on the steamer plate. Steamed for 25min..
- While the rice dough is steaming. Start to make the sauce..
- Use a small cooking pot. Add in the water, boiled it up. After boil, add in the anchovies (to make broth). Boiled for 10min then remove the anchovies from the water. Next, put in the rest of the sauce ingredients. Continue stir and cook until it becomes thicker texture in medium heat (take around 15min). Then turn off the heat..
- After 25min, take out the cooked dough. Put it aside for cooling..
- After 10min, cut the dough into few pieces. And start to roll them into small sticks size(as we prefer)..
- Put the ready cut Tteokbokki (rice cake) into a small bowl, next add in the Tteokbokki sauce ontop… Then is done❤️ tips: taste much better topping with roasted sesame seeds..
For this dish, the traditional shape is long cylinders; cut them crosswise in half before cooking. If using dried tteok, cook according to package directions and do not soak. How to Make Korean Tteokbokki – Spicy Rice Cake Stir Fry. Fire up a wok, add the water water and bring it to the boil with the dashi stock powder. This fiery tteokbokki recipe features mouthwatering Korean chilli flakes, gochujang spice paste and dashi stock, smothered over chewy rice cakes.