Chicken Biryani Kerala Style.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken biryani kerala style. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Biryani Kerala Style is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Biryani Kerala Style is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken biryani kerala style using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Biryani Kerala Style:
- Take 1 Kilo of Chicken ( cut into medium – sized pieces ).
- Take 4 of Onions Large (sliced lengthwise).
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes Large (diced).
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Garlic ( ground to fine paste ).
- Take 3/4 Tablespoon of Ginger ( ground to fine paste ).
- Get 6 – 7 of Green chillies chopped (or as per taste).
- Get 2 Cups of Coriander leaves ( chopped ).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Mint leaves ( chopped ).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Yoghurt Curd Dahi / Set / Set.
- Take 2 Teaspoons of Garam Masala powder.
- Make ready (slightly crushed) 6 Pods of Cardamom.
- Get 6 of Cloves.
- Take 2 of Cinnamon stick ( small size ).
- Prepare 5 of Black pepper Seeds ( slightly crushed).
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Chilli powder ( or as per taste ).
- Take 4 Tablespoons of Cooking oil ( I used refined sunflower oil ).
- Make ready 6 Tablespoons of Ghee.
- Take 1 of lemon Slice of.
- Prepare To Taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Rice (Jeera ).
- Make ready 25 Grams of Cashewnuts chopped.
- Get 25 Grams of Raisins.
Instructions to make Chicken Biryani Kerala Style:
- Heat the cooking oil in a vessel. Add in 3/4th of the sliced onions and all of the chopped green chillies with a pinch of salt and saute till onions are light brown in color. (Tip :Salt aids in quickening the process of browning the onions)..
- Now add in the garlic paste, ginger paste and the diced tomatoes. Once the raw smell of garlic and ginger is gone, add in 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves and 1/2 a cup of chopped mint leaves and leave for a min..
- Now add in the masalas – turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and one spoon of garam masala powder. (It's best to make a paste of the masalas with a little bit of water and then add the paste in)..
- Add in the whole spices – 3 cardamom pods, 3 cloves, a cinnamon stick and 3 black pepper seeds and mix well. When you see an oil layer floating on the top, it indicates the masala is cooked..
- Now you add in the yoghurt / set curd / set dahi. Mix well and let it heat a bit but do not bring it to a boil..
- Add in the cut chicken pieces and coat each piece well with the masala. Reduce flame, cover and cook for about 30 min. (If you are using a pressure cooker, keep it for a whistle). The chicken masala should be in a semi-paste form..
- Paralelly, while the masala is busy being ready, soak the rice in water with salt for about 20 min..
- In another vessel (which will be used to cook rice), bring water to boil. Add in the remaining mint leaves, coriander leaves, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, crushed pepper seeds, salt and the lemon slice..
- Add in 2 tbsp of ghee to the boiling water and the pre-soaked rice. Cook on medium flame and bring it to a semi-cooked stage (8-10 min). Drain and keep the rice aside. (Tip: Grate about 1/2 a carrot into the water alongwith the rice. Not only does it give color, but adds to the flavor as well).
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoon of ghee and add in the remaining sliced onions. When they start to turn brownish, add in the chopped cashew and raisins. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala powder and salt on top of it all, mix well, and turn off the heat once cashews start changing color..
- In a large aluminum vessel, spread about a tablespoon ghee on the bottom. Layer about a half of the semi-cooked rice on top of the ghee. Sprinkle half of the fried onion-cashew mixture on top of this layer..
- Layer the chicken masala prepared earlier on top of the rice layer. Dump the remaning semi-cooked rice on top of the chicken masala layer. Sprinkle the remaining fried onion-cashew mixture on top alongwith the remaining ghee. Add few coriander and mint leaves as well..
- Cover the vessel with a lid. It should be tightly closed so as not to let any steam escape. This can be done either by using an aluminium foil paper and wrapping around the lid area or using a dough made of plain flour/ all – purpose flour / maida..
- Place the vessel on stove on medium flame for about 2-3 min. Reduce the flame and keep it for 20-30 min. Remove from heat and serve hot..
The Food Items You Select To Feed On Will Effect Your Health
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. You should also understand that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will notice that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be very bad. You will be happy to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you ought to be consuming every day.
You will notice that different types of berries can be very good for your health. You will realize that most berries have huge amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. One more thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can help with your circulatory system. You may additionally be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can in addition help to stop the deterioration of your cells.
Another thing you will want to make sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is amongst the things that you will find in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. For instance, broccoli has a lot of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. Spinach is additionally something that you may want to start consuming more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals when compared with other vegetables.
Also when you are looking for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. You will come to find that these snack items are usually loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have more than others. Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 are classified as essential fatty acids and they’re essential mainly because your body uses these fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. I
f you do not get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to generate a number of of the hormones that it needs.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will find that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only will need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Furthermore before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
Everybody likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also essential for maintaining your health. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mix off with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will find that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.