Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, aloo poha – turmeric flavoured flattened rice with potato. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook aloo poha – turmeric flavoured flattened rice with potato using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato:
- Make ready 2 cups of Flattened Rice (Poha).
- Make ready 1 of large Charlotte Potato (small diced).
- Prepare 2 of Shallots or 1 medium Onion (small diced).
- Get 1/4 of green chilli (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of thumb size piece of ginger (finely chopped).
- Get 1 tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of Curry leaves (optional).
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Pomegranate seeds to garnish.
- Prepare of Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Aloo Poha – Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato:
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Once the oil is to temperature, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, finely chopped ginger and green chilli, diced Charlotte potato and onions. Stir to mix and add turmeric powder. Cover the saucepan and cook until the potatoes are cooked..
- In a colander, wash the flattened rice (poha) under running water until all the flattened rice is damp (but not soaking wet). Drain the water by gently shaking the colander..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, gently toss the flattened rice with cooked potatoes and onions..
- Season with salt, add sugar and lemon juice, gently mix and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. [avoid over mixing as this breaks the flattened rice].
- Take off the heat, transfer in a bowl, garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander. Serve warm..
Picking The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Healthy
One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. Because of this we are going to be going over the foods that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
One of the primary sorts of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will realize that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. The majority of berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is extremely beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. You may additionally be aware that antioxidants can also help make sure you have healthy cells and it can in addition help to stop the degeneration of your cells.
You must remember your parents telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is extremely important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables in addition have potassium. You will notice that one of the vegetables we are discussing is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. Spinach is also something that you may want to start eating more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over between meals, grab a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. Almost all nuts will have plenty of protein and you can also find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your system with essential Omega-3 and Omega-6. These fatty acids are vital to helping your body produce the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. Something you may not realize is that various hormones that you need will only be able to be created when you have these kinds of fatty acids.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you should have for dinner, you may well want to be certain that you’re eating lots of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. The point that salmon is also packed with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it also contains other necessary nutrients you will need. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only will need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In addition before preparing your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat.
Every person likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are additionally essential for preserving your health. One desert that I have always liked is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
Following some of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the refined food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.