Okra in coconut milk (Kerala Style Bhindi).
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, okra in coconut milk (kerala style bhindi). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Okra in coconut milk (Kerala Style Bhindi) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Okra in coconut milk (Kerala Style Bhindi) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook okra in coconut milk (kerala style bhindi) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Okra in coconut milk (Kerala Style Bhindi):
- Prepare 20 pieces of fresh tender Okra (Lady fingers) slit lengthwise.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Red Chilli powder.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of fresh Fennel powder.
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of melted Coconut Oil.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Fennel seeds.
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon of Mustaed seeds.
- Make ready 1 of Medium Size Onion sliced thin into pieces.
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Ginger.
- Make ready 2 of Green Chillies fresh.slit lengthwise.
- Take 1 1/2 Cup of Coconut milk.
- Make ready 4-5 of fresh Curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Water.
- Get 1 of Tomato cut into small pieces.
Steps to make Okra in coconut milk (Kerala Style Bhindi):
- Slit the okras lengthwise, dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. In a separate plate or bowl, add the red chilli, turmeric, coriander, fennel powders and salt. Mix the okra pieces in it gently to uniformly coat them with the spices. Keep it aside to marinate..
- Take a wok and heat the coconut oil in it. When hot, turn flame to sim and add the mustard seeds, as they start spluttering, add the fennel seeds. Wait for about ½ a minute then add the sliced onions, grated ginger, slit green chillies and curry leaves. Saute on medium flame for about 3 minutes..
- Add the marinated okra pieces and continue gently sautéing on medium flame for another 3 minutes taking full care that not to mush up the okra pieces. Then turn heat to sim and cover and cook for another 3 minutes until the okra pieces are well cooked..
- Now add the coconut milk and the tomato pieces, cook for some time and again cover to cook it for about 4 minutes until the tomato pieces are soft and well cooked. Turn gas off..
- Serve hot with Rotis or Parathas..
The Food Items You Select To Feed On Will Certainly Effect Your Health
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. It’s also advisable to realize that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will see that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be very bad. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be consuming that will have a positive effect on your health.
Your state of health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating plenty of berries. The quantity of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the main reasons you ought to be eating berries. One more thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. You may additionally be aware that antioxidants can also help make sure you have healthy cells and it can also help to stop the degeneration of your cells.
Even though most of you have been told repeatedly that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Potassium is amongst the things that you will locate in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will recognize that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over between meals, grab a handful of nuts or even seeds. One of the health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. Your system will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones which your body requires to stay healthy. Some of these hormones that are needed can only be made by having these fatty acids in your diet.
Most of your meals should also incorporate fish like salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. You will notice that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and other nutrients. Now when you elect to have a steak for an evening meal one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you will need for the day. Additionally before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
Also when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think about having various citrus fruits. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition essential for preserving your health. You may also want to put together a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. Also if you remove all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.