Loaded Potato and Broccoli Chowder.
You can cook Loaded Potato and Broccoli Chowder using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato and Broccoli Chowder
- It’s 6 slices of Bacon.
- It’s 4 of small New Potatoes (chopped).
- It’s 1 head of Broccoli.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 stalks of Celery (chopped).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pepper (fresh ground).
- You need 6 slices of American cheese.
- It’s 1 pound of Colby Monterey Jack Cheese.
Loaded Potato and Broccoli Chowder instructions
- Peel broccoli stalk and steam with florets in pot, around 15 min, chop into small pieces and set aside. While broccoli is steaming, cook bacon in frying pan and chop into 1/2" pieces, set aside. Soft fry potatoes on low-medium heat in frying pan with bacon grease, set aside..
- Melt butter in 5 quart pot, add onions, garlic, and celery. Cook on medium heat until onions and celery are translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add water and mix until smooth. Add heavy cream, sour cream, and red wine, mix until smooth and bring to a slow boil..
- Add broccoli, potatoes, salt, pepper and bacon to pot, cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes..
- Slowly add cheese to pot while stirring, making sure it doesn't clump. Simmer additional 10 minutes. Let's stand for 5 minutes and serve..