Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..