Brad's broccoli cheddar risotto. If broccoli-cheddar soup ran off to Italy to gain a bit of the country's culture, I think it would return as this risotto. This simple recipe takes the well-loved brassica and cheese combo and transforms it into a creamy risotto that remains firmly in the family-friendly zone. This is a simple broccoli cheddar risotto recipe: a comforting vegetarian dinner that's easily cooked in a single pan.
A risotto recipe that doesn't require constant stirring? Note: Arborio rice is an Italian short-grained rice valued for its high starch content and the subsequent creaminess it brings to risotto. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. You can have Brad's broccoli cheddar risotto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's broccoli cheddar risotto
- Prepare 2 cups of arobio rice.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 8 Oz of American cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
My take on Nigella Lawson's Cheddar Cheese Risotto from her book, "Nigella Express". Learn how to make an easy, no stir risotto as a side dish or main dish. I served this dish with broccoli cheddar risotto. I used wild Ling cod for this recipe, but any cod will work fine for this.
Brad's broccoli cheddar risotto step by step
- Melt butter I a frying pan. Sauté rice until it just starts to brown..
- Mix chicken broth with wine. Add 1 cup at a time. Stirring until liquid is absorbed. When second cup is added, add broccoli..
- Cube the American cheese into 1 inch or smaller cubes. Add to rive when last cup of liquid is added..
- When rice is done it should be tender and creamy. Add black pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I served this dish with broccoli cheddar risotto. Chicken and broccoli is stirred into a creamy, dreamy cheddar risotto to make one incredible meal! While it cooks, start on the risotto. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large skillet with deep sides over medium high heat. Heat the chicken stock in a small pot on low heat just to warm it up on the burner.