Lo mein with Beef & Broccoli. Looking for a simple beef lo mein recipe that is better than any you get from take out? Love beef lo mein as much as me, you need this recipe. In short, lo mein is a stir-fried noodle dish.
You'll also need hoisin sauce to create a nice sweet and. Make this easy lo mein recipe at home and bid your delivery man adieu. This one-pot dinner comes together in a cinch. You can have Lo mein with Beef & Broccoli using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lo mein with Beef & Broccoli
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of flank steak sliced thin.
- You need 8-10 oz of lo mein or spaghetti noodles.
- It’s 3-4 cups of broccoli cut in bite size pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of hoisen sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sherry cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
Inspired by PF Chang's Bistro Beef, flank steak is coated with oyster sauce and wok-fried with sesame oil. Beef and broccoli might only be a classic combination in the American Chinese repertoire, but that doesn't make it any less delicious. In most restaurants, you'll find it served with rice, but I like to stir-fry it with hearty lo mein noodles. The thickest variety of egg noodle, lo mein is great for.
Lo mein with Beef & Broccoli instructions
- Mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, sherry, and garlic & ginger powder in a bowl. Mix well and soak steak for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add cornstarch and mix well.
- While steak is marinating cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions then set aside.
- Take a wok and heat olive oil. When oil is hot sauté the marinated beef. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots cook for 3 more minute.
- Add lo mein noodles and toss and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Take a bowl and mix oyster sauce, remaining soy sauce, hoisen sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper, pepper, sesame oil.
- Pour the mixture in the wok and cook for 7 more minutes in medium heat while tossing once in a while.
- Transfer to serving plate and enjoy!.
My go-to cheap late-night dinner choice in college, and probably one of the more popular choices on your average takeout menu. Make this beef lo mein recipe at home just once and you may never so back to the Chinese takeout restaurant. I still go sometimes when I need a. Great recipe for Lo mein with Beef & Broccoli. While steak is marinating cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions then set aside.