Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mike's, "that's a wrap!" asian lettuce wraps. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's, "that's a wrap!" asian lettuce wraps using 35 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps:
- Make ready of Spiced Meat Mixture.
- Get 2 lb of 93% Lean 7% Fat Hamburger Meat [it's important this specific meat blend be used].
- Take 1 tbsp of Shaoxing Wine [OR] Dry Sherry [AND] 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce [more if desired].
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Take 1 can of 4 oz Bamboo [chopped].
- Get 1 can of 8 oz Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Each: Sriracha & Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Each: Fresh Cilantro – Green Onions – White Onions [chopped].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Black Pepper – Finely Chopped Jalapeños – Dehydrated Onions – Minced Ginger – Red Pepper Flakes -.
- Take 1/3 cup of Beef Broth [to steam meat].
- Make ready of Lettuce Wrap Toppers.
- Take 1 lb of Large Fresh Crispy Bib Lettuce Leaves [or 16 oversized leaves of your choosing].
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Each: Chopped Fresh Or Pickled Ginger – Fresh Thai Or Regular Basil – Finely Minced Jalapeños.
- Take 10 slice of Each: 5" Long Diakon Radishes – 5" Long Green Onions – 5" Long Celery Strips.
- Get 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Get 1 packages of 8 oz Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shreadded Carrots.
- Get 5 large of Thin Sliced Red Radishes.
- Make ready 1 cup of Finely Shreadded Cabbage.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- Make ready 1 lb of Miniature Pre-Cooked Shrimp [dethawed].
- Get 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Crushed Cilantro.
- Take 1 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper [optional].
- Get of Optional Ingredients.
- Make ready 2 of Thai Birds Eye Or 2 Serrano Peppers [finely minced for optional chili sauce].
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Rice Wine Vinager [for optional chili sauce].
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch [for optional chili sauce].
- Make ready 1 cup of Peanut Sauce [garnish].
- Take 4 tbsp of Finely Chopped Peanuts [allergy warning – garnish].
Instructions to make Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps:
- Medium heat fry all meat ingredients except for 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice and 1/3 cup Beef Broth. Keep hamburger in larger chunks if possible. Be careful not to burn your garlic..
- Once hamburger is cooked, there should be no reason to drain any fat since you're using a 93% – 7% meat blend. This, "no drain," hamburger is also important since if you were to drain it, you'd loose the majority of your spices and smaller ingredients through your strainer..
- Frying at a higher heat, add 1/3 cup Beef Broth, 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro and 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice, [you can add more 5 spice if you enjoy a stronger flavor] stir well and steam everything together with a tight fitting lid. Steam for approximately 5 minutes. You may need additional Beef Broth at the steam completion. You'll want a moist [not dripping] consistency to your meat mixture..
- After frying, plate up hamburger meat mixture in a serving bowl and set to the side..
- Chop all wrap filler vegetables, plate and chill..
- De-thaw shrimp in cool water..
- Paper towel dry shrimp..
- Add 2 tablespoons fish sauce to shrimp and add crushed Cilantro, powdered garlic and onion powder. Mix gently and well..
- Place shreadded cabbage in a seperate serving dish and pile miniature chilled shrimp atop cabbage..
- To prepare wraps, place warm meat atop chilled lettuce, then add any vegetable wrap toppings you and your guests may desire. Lastly, add additional Sriracha Chili Sauce, Fish Sauce, Hot Mustard, Soy Sauce, Peanut Sauce or your own homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce..
- Since you already have these ingredients on hand, why not make your own Thai Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce? This is a recipe you can either fine chop by hand, [better] or puree in a blender to save some time..
- THAI SWEET & SPICY RED CHILI SAUCE [makes approximately 2 cups sauce] Ingredients: * 7 Large Garlic Cloves [crushed & finely minced] * 2 Small Birds Eye or Serrano Peppers [deseeded – finely minced] * 1 Small Jalapeño [deseeded – finely minced] [ * always wear gloves when working with peppers * ] * 2 teaspoon Sriracha Chili Sauce [for flavor & color] * 1 – 1/2 tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes * 1 tablespoon Fine Minced Ginger * 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar * 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce * 2/3 to 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar * 2/3 cup Water Directions: Boil ingredients for 5 – 7 minutes or until Red Pepper Flakes soften. Once boiled, mix these two ingredients very well in a separate, much smaller bowl: * 1-1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch * 2 tablespoons Tap Water Add the cornstarch mixture slowly into your simmering chili sauce. Whisk and watch closely as your sauce thickens up. Be patient and give it a little time to thicken. You may not need all of your.
- Use discretion if garnishing your wraps with both Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce after their construction. Both are very high in sodium and may overpower your dish with an extreme salty finish if used too heavily together..
The Foods You Choose To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health
Many people do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. You should also realize that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will recognize that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be very bad. In this post we’re going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Your state of health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating a lot of berries. The quantity of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the primary reasons you need to be eating berries. Almos
t all berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. Most folks already realize that cells begin to break down in time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells much healthier for longer periods of time.
You must remember your parents telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is very important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing a number of vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables also provide potassium. One of the veggies that will provide the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. Spinach can also be something that you might want to start eating more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or seeds. One of the health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be present in them. Your system will use these types of fatty acids as a source for creating hormones which your body needs to stay healthy. One thing you may not comprehend is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be developed when you have these types of fatty acids.
Your main meals should also incorporate fish like salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will notice that salmon can also be rich in Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is important for your diet, however you don’t have to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. It’s also advisable to trim off any extra fat that you find on the specific meats that you plan to eat.
Additionally when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition required for preserving your health. You may also want to mix a number of things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.