Brad's broccoli beef. Broccoli Beef Braids Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Spoon half of the beef mixture lengthwise down center of rectangle. The beef is tender and flavorful, while the broccoli is nice and crisp.
I will also show how I make a tasty marinade for the beef. Broccoli Beef – Best homemade recipe featuring tender beef in a brown sauce. You'll never need to order it for takeout ever again, and it's healthier. You can cook Brad's broccoli beef using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's broccoli beef
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of corn starch.
- It’s 2 tbs of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s of the veggies.
- It’s 2 of med shallots, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small bok choy.
- You need 1 of med head broccoli, cut to bite sized florets.
- Prepare 1 of lg handful of Chinese snow peas.
- It’s of the meat.
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of new York steak.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – This beef with broccoli is perfect for when you're craving It's the quintessential beef with broccoli: tender strips of steak and crisp broccoli florets in a rich ginger and. I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. We've all found ourselves left with a hodgepodge of extra veggies at the end of the week.
Brad's broccoli beef step by step
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear whole in a fry pan until rare. Set aside on a plate..
- In a wok or large fry pan. Heat a small amount of oil. Saute shallots until translucent. 2-3 minutes. Next add bok choy. Saute another two minutes..
- Add broccoli. Add 3/4 cup water. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes until broccoli starts to get tender..
- Meanwhile slice beef..
- Uncover veggies. Add sauce and snow peas. If you like your beef cooked past rare add it. If not add it at the end..
- Stir until sauce thickens. You might not need all the sauce, but halving it will not be enough..
- When sauce thickens, plate and serve immediately. Serve with white or fried rice..
Making a weeknight stir-fry is an excellent way to make good use of those orphans. It's your favorite take-out dish, but made exactly to your liking. And just like the classic Chinese-American dish, this recipe works great as leftovers when reheated in a microwave. Charred Broccoli Beef – Broccoli Week Continues. Our favorite take on a Chinese-American classic combines seared marinated beef with tender-crunchy broccoli coated in a sweet oyster sauce flavored with garlic, ginger, and scallions.