Chicken Schnitzel. This classic chicken Schnitzel recipe sounds harder to make than it is. Plus, you get to pound out the day's stress on a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Learn how to make Chicken Schnitzel that's crispy, juicy, extra crunchy and quick to prepare.
This recipe will become a staple in your house It's basically a glorified Chicken Nugget and I'm obsessed! We've been making chicken schnitzel since. "Growing up, chicken schnitzel was a classic. I decided to make this dish oven-friendly using less oil, and an easier cleanup. You can cook Chicken Schnitzel using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Schnitzel
- Prepare 2 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
This dish tastes great with potato salad, or mashed potatoes and a nice crisp. Transfer the cooked chicken cutlets to an oven-proof platter or pan, and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining cutlets and making the sauce. Chicken Schnitzel is an impressive, yet easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. Don't forget the German sides and German Riesling!
Chicken Schnitzel step by step
- Slice chicken into thin cutlets.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and seasonings, egg, then breadcrumbs.
- In a large pan, with olive oil, cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through..
- The gravy is just chicken broth, thickened with a bit of flour, and some sour cream stirred in for creaminess..
Coat the chicken first in the flour, then in the egg wash and finally in the breadcrumbs. For the uninitiated, chicken schnitzel is merely a chicken breast pounded thin, breaded, and fried. Once the chicken is done, it's time to drain the excess oil so the schnitzel is beautifully crunchy. If you like chicken schnitzel you cannot beat this easy and delicious chicken schnitzel recipe! Who needs an easy and delicious dinner idea?