Chicken mussakhan roll. Mussakhan is a classic Palestinian dish traditionally laid out on a giant piece of bread, where the flavorful roasting juices laced with allspice, sumac, and cumin can be poured over the top. Musakhan is roast chicken, heavily scented with sumac and and a few other warm I've had musakhan chicken in the past, and absolutely loved it! Chicken and sumac are BFFs in this recipe.
Mussakhan is a classic Palestinian dish eaten in villages throughout the region. Here, cookbook author Yasmin Khan shares her recipe from Zaitoun: Recipes from a Palestinian Kitchen. This Palestinian treat really comes into its own during Arabic celebrations. You can cook Chicken mussakhan roll using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken mussakhan roll
- You need 4 of breast of chicken.
- It’s 6 of onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Sumac spices you could find it in any Middle East store.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need of saije bread could find in middle eastern store you could use pita bread or egg roll.
Musakhan, which translates into English as "heated up". Among Palestinians, mussakhan is a beloved roast chicken dish, at once energetic and comforting In this recipe, adapted from Yasmin Khan's "Zaitoun: Recipes From the Palestinian Kitchen," you'll rub. A love letter to Palestine, the land and its people, Falastin is a journey through Sami's homeland. Get an unparalleled view into this beautiful country and its food. #Musakhan #mussakhan #chickenrecipe Blanche and her mom show you how easy it is to make Musakhan, tangy chicken roasted on bread topped with caramelized.
Chicken mussakhan roll step by step
- Cook the chicken breast with 2 onions and bay leaves salt pepper till tender about 35 minutes.
- After it cool off Tear the chicken to small pieces.
- Over medium heat add the onions some salt and cook for 10 minutes till they get soft add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes in the end add all the sumac spices on top and cook for another few minutes.
- Using bread cut to triangles.
- Fill one full tablespoon spoon of the chicken mixture and roll it.
- Sprinkle some of the sumac and olive oil on top cook for oven 450 for 10 minutes or less keep your eyes on it and enjoy server it with Greek yogurt.
Easy and simple Musakhan Rolls Recipe. Drain onions; in a bowl add the chicken, pine nuts, couple of spoons of olive oil and sumac. Musakhan is a dish of Sumac seasoned chicken on a bed of onions sitting on Taboon bread, a Palestinian flatbread. Musakhan – means heated up in Arabic. Musakhan is one of the most popular and traditional Palestinian recipes.