Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin). Great recipe for Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin). Meat tough is a lebanese traditional food veryyy delicious. For topping:In a pan put a little bit of oil and put the meat, stir it and then add the onions and wait until it becomes tender and the meat change in colour, now add the spices and salt and.
But instead of the grated potato most of us are used to, these latkes are made with ground beef and a delightful mess of chopped mint, parsley, cilantro. Recipe: Appetizing Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin)Instruction. Recipe: Tasty Tandoori Chicken and Vegetables SpaghettiImproving. You can cook Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin) using 22 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin)
- Prepare 5 Cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1.5 dl of or 150ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil.
- You need 2 cups of lucke warm water(as needed).
- Prepare of For dough preparation.
- You need 1 of and half cup corn flour.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need Half of cup margarine.
- Prepare Half of cup butter.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1 kilogram of meat (preferable type).
- It’s 2 of chopped onions.
- You need 1 of parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of dried mint.
- You need 3 tbs of apple vinegar.
- Prepare 5 tbs of tahina/sesame paste.
- Prepare 5 tbs of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbs of yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of 7 spices.
High priced Tutorials Delicious Samosa recipe, D shape samosa, #iftarspecial #RamadanspecialSolution. Turkish Meat Pies with Arabic spice mix, mint and pine nuts. Plus a bonus recipe for the Arabic spice mix. Nigerian Meat Pie is one of the meat snacks recipes made with minced meat, potato and carrot filling.
Tripolitan meat pies (lahmeh baajin) instructions
- In a deep pot sift corn flour then add sugar and salt and mix them together.
- Rub the corn flour with eggs and vegetbale oil.
- Cut the dough into equal round pieces(hand grip size).
- Gradually pour water with constant kneading untill we have a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with clean piece of fabric or nylon wrap let it rest for an hour.
- On a wide clean solid place sprinkle the flour and dib the balls on both sides to cover them with corn flour.
- Spread dough on a cotton towel and cover them.
- Meanwhile mix vegetbale oil and margarine on gaz tap few seconds so they become warm.
- Wipe your hands and the place where you are going to roll out the dough then spread a little bit of the oil mixture and take one ball and stretch it with your hands as much as you can until it becomes very thin..
- Hold it from the sides and stretch it using two fingers until it has the form of a circle. Another way is to stretch the dough in a rectangle way with your hands as much as u can until it becomes thin and then fold it from the sides to become a square..
- Put the prepared dough in the oven trays and keep them until we prepare the topping..
- For topping:In a pan put a little bit of oil and put the meat, stir it and then add the onions and wait until it becomes tender and the meat change in colour, now add the spices and salt and leave it until well cooked..
- Take the pan off the heat and add the parsley and the mint..
- Leave to cool down and add apple vinegar, sesame paste, pomegranate molasses and yogurt.
- With your hands press the dough and then add about 1 tbsp of the prepared topping, decorate with row pine nuts, press again with hands to make it firm..
- Bake them in a preheated oven (in a medium heat oven about 350 F or 180 C) until the dough turns lightly brown and fully cooked. Serve hot..
- Made by: Tala Odaymat.
Learn how to make the best Nigerian Meat Pie here. The number of meat pies you will get depends on the diameter of the meat pie cutter you use. In the Middle East, we call this Fasoolya bil lahmeh which literally translates beans with meat. It's a traditional recipe that's cooked in every household in the Middle East. I grew in Jordan having this dish at least once a month.