Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi.
You can cook Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1 Package of Potato Gnocchi.
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Fresh Chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Basil chopped.
- It’s 1 of Large Red Onion.
- It’s 1 of Large Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 6-8 of Diced Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Can of Pitted Black Olives.
- You need 1.5 Cups of Cabernet or Dry Red Wine.
- You need of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Coarse Ground Sea Salt.
- It’s of Fresh Grated Asiago.
Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi step by step
- For Sauce: Dice onion and garlic. Coat bottom of a large stock pot with EVOO. On Medium High heat add onions, garlic, and wine. Cook 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Add diced tomatoes, chopped basil, thyme sprigs. Reduce heat to simmer. Halve olives and add to sauce. Allow to simmer for an hour on low heat. Salt to taste..
- For Chicken: Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, wisk egg. Dip each chicken breast to coat with egg then coat with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Grease baking sheet with EVOO, place chicken on sheet and bake for 45 minutes. (Depending on size of chicken breast) Once done remove from pan into a hot oiled skillet and cook for another 3-5 minutes each side. This adds a much needed crunch factor..
- For Gnocchi: Prepare Gnocchi as directed on package. (Boiled normally). Transfer prepared Gnocchi to a hot oiled skillet. While frying Gnocchi add salt and pepper. Pepper to taste. Remove from heat when golden on one or both sides..
- Serve Chicken over top Peppered Gnocchi, top with Red Sauce. Sprinkle fresh asiago for the finishing touch. Pair with a mellow Chianti and enjoy!.