Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
You can cook Jamaican Jerk Chicken using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 4 of chicken legs.
- You need 1 tin of light coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of jerk spice.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions chopped.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1/2 can of kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen garden peas.
- Prepare 2 of naan bread.
- It’s of Mango chutney.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken instructions
- To start, place the chicken in a dish suitable for the fridge and prong each piece a couple of times with a fork. At this stage you will need: 1/2 of the lime, a tablespoon and a half of coconut milk and a tablespoon of jerk spice..
- Mix together the juice of half a lime, a tbsp and a half of light coconut milk and a tablespoon of jerk chicken spice.
- Once mixed – massage into chicken pieces evenly and place in the fridge for 15 minutes (you can leave for longer if you want stronger marinade).
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6. Place chicken in a small roasting tin and cook for 40/50 minutes, turning part way through..
- Mix together 200ml of coconut milk and 100ml cold water into a jug.
- When the chicken has had about 30 minutes – put the oil into a deep frying pan and heat. Add chopped spring onions and fry to soften..
- Rinse the basmati rice and add to the pan with the kidney beans. Then add the water and coconut milk mixture and cook until rice is soft (note: you may need more water to ensure rice is cooked so monitor and taste!). When its nearly done, with 5 minutes to go – add the frozen peas..
- When everything is cooked, keep it warm while you toast some naan bread. Once thats ready, serve and enjoy spritzing the meal with the left over lime juice!.