Hainanese Chicken Rice.
You can have Hainanese Chicken Rice using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hainanese Chicken Rice
- You need 2 pcs of whole chicken – cut into 4 pcs for each chicken.
- It’s 1/2 pc of lemon.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- You need of Ginger – sliced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need 1500 ml of water for chicken stock.
- You need 10 pcs of small dried Shiitake mushroom (optional).
- You need of Tofu skin (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 cup of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 650 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pc of cucumber.
Hainanese Chicken Rice step by step
- Put the dried Shiitake mushroom in water – leave overnight.
- Wash the chicken and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Sauteed the garlic with a little bit of oil, add ginger, some salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the cooking pot.
- Add 1500ml boiled water to the pot, some salt and pepper to taste.
- Boiled for at least 2 hour to make a chicken stock with low medium fire.
- Slice the mushroom into small pcs also the tofu skin.
- Rinse the rice and add some sliced mushroom and tofu skin into the rice cooker. Add 650 ml chicken stock into it..
- Remove and drain the chicken from chicken stock.
- Pre-heat the oven in 160 C.
- Brushed the chicken with mixed sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Oven for around 15-20 minutes in 160 degree Celcius.
- Serve the rice, chicken with some slice of cucumber and chicken stock at side.
- Enjoy! ❤️.