Chicken stuffed rice(tah-chin morgh). Great recipe for Chicken stuffed rice(tah-chin morgh). This is a yummy Persian rice dish. you can easily make it and enjoy the irresistible taste and If you have the chance to find Iranian rice you will feel the amazing taste and aroma of rice as well. For decoration, we use barberry and pistachio.
This classic Persian rice dish layers fluffy basmati rice with yogurt-marinated chicken before baking in a cast-iron Dutch oven to form a crispy golden crust. Tahchin Morgh has a simple technique; basically it is aromatic fluffy rice layered with cooked chicken. What makes it special is Tahchin means "arranged in the bottom" and Morgh means chicken in Farsi. You can cook Chicken stuffed rice(tah-chin morgh) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed rice(tah-chin morgh)
- Prepare 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of yoghurt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 of ts. saffron powder.
- You need 2 pcs. of chicken breast or 5 drum sticks.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, turmeric.
This recipe is the Tabrizi (Azeri) version of the Tahchin. Set aside Bring the soaked rice pot to the boiling and continue simmering until the rice becomes tender. My recipe is Tahchin, which I learned from my Mom. This recipe is made with chicken, but.
Chicken stuffed rice(tah-chin morgh) step by step
- Peel and slice the onion. Fry it with chicken for 5 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, pepper, and water (just to cover the chicken). Boil until done..
- In a small bowl mix saffron with 2 spoons of hot chicken stock..
- Boil the rice with 3 cups of water, half of the oil and salt till the water dries out. the rice shouldn't get very soft..
- In a big bowl beat the eggs, yoghurt, saffron, a pinch of salt, and 3-4 spoons of oil..
- Add the rice to the batter..
- Bring a pan with 3 spoons of oil into heat. Spread half of the batter with rice in the hot pan. (You can use the rice cooker too.).
- Remove the bones from the chicken, and sliced it into small pieces, put the chicken on the rice..
- Add the rest of the rice and cover the chicken. Cover and steam the rice on low fire for about 45 minutes until the bottom is gold and crispy..
Drain when rice grains are al dente, soft on the ends and firm in the center. Let it cool down a bit. Add a little bit of hot water over the saffron powder in a small bowl and mix well. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in the yogurt and. Tahchin e Morgh is a baked Persian rice layered with tender chicken.