Mango sticky rice sushi. So several years went by, and I started experimenting with Sushi. And I had an idea on how to CHEAT making sticky rice with mango. You can refrigerate the rice for some time, but you may need to warm it slightly to get it to an appropriate consistancy to mold into sushi or ball shapes.
Also called glutinous rice or sticky rice, it can be found at Asian food stores and well-stocked supermarkets. The sticky rice is made in a. I wanted sushi but saw it covered in plastic wrap. You can have Mango sticky rice sushi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mango sticky rice sushi
- It’s 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of glutinous rice.
- You need 1 of mango.
- It’s 4 of oreo cookies.
- You need 3 tbsp of condensed milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need Dash of cocoa powder.
Mango sticky rice (Thai: ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง, RTGS: khaoniao mamuang, pronounced [kʰâ(ː)w.nǐa̯w mā.mûa̯ŋ]; Malay: pulut mangga) is a traditional Thai dessert made with glutinous rice, fresh mango and coconut milk, and eaten with a spoon or sometimes the hands. The classic Thai dessert of sweet coconut sticky rice and mango is explained in detail and repackaged in sushi form, just for fun. Sweet Thai Coconut Mango Sticky Rice Bites – This is a simplified recipe that has great flavor. First time I had this I fell in love!
Mango sticky rice sushi instructions
- Soak glutinous rice in cold water for a few hours.
- Cook both jasmine and glutinous rice (in a rice cooker or however you'd like).
- Peel and cut mango into 1cm by 1cm strips. Also cut into thin slices for topping..
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar and coconut, microwave for 30s so the brown sugar is partially melted.
- In a food processor, pulverize oreos into a powder. Use a bag and fists if you must.
- When the rice is ready, mix in a few tablespoons a condensed milk until the desired texture is acheived. We don’t want a pudding texture, nor do we want individual grains..
- When the rice is properly combined, lay out a piece of plastic wrap on your sushi mat. Spread out the rice into a square, keeping the thickness to 0.5-1cm..
- Try to fill the square as much as possible, while allowing overflow space. Sprinkle the oreo crumbs on top until it’s evenly covered. Now take your mango strips and coconut mixture, and place in a line 2 inches near the edge of one side. The photo here replaces cranberry sauce but tbh coconut is better.
- Roll up one side while holding onto your fillings to avoid it from slipping. Tuck it around your filling, while pulling out the plastic wrap so it doesn’t get rolled in. Continue rolling, while evenly applying pressure to the roll. Once you get to the other side, give it a full roll to regain the circular shape..
- Slice (dip knife in water in between), and top with mango slices and a sprinkling of cocoa powder..
Something for sushi lovers, and sushi haters! If you love Thai coconut sticky rice with mango, you will love this fun twist! It is one of my all-time favorite desserts, so we worked so hard to create a fun recipe with the same traditional flavors. I love how the creamy coconut sauce melds together with the sticky. Move the peeler from the top to the bottom to peel the Mango.