Limited-Season Sweet Cherry Cake.
You can cook Limited-Season Sweet Cherry Cake using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Limited-Season Sweet Cherry Cake
- Prepare of cherries Ssweet black cherries.
- Prepare of Butter or margarine (unsalted).
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- You need of Cake flour.
- You need of Baking powder.
- It’s of Kirschwasser (or cherry liquor).
Limited-Season Sweet Cherry Cake instructions
- Line the cake pan with kitchen parchment paper, or grease it with margarine (not included in the listed ingredients). Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Cut the cherries in half all the way around the pits. Twist the halves to separate them while removing the pits. Soak the cherry halves in kirsch..
- Whip the butter..
- Mix the sugar into the butter in 2~3 batches, mixing well between additions..
- Add the beaten egg a little at a time while whipping. Lastly mix in the kirsch that the cherries were soaking in..
- Sift the dry ingredients into the batter. Use a rubber spatula to fold them in..
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the surface..
- Place the cherries on top and bake at 180°C for 35 minutes. As ovens vary, please adjust the temperature and time accordingly..
- Test if it is done with a toothpick or skewer..
- Once cooled, cut and sprinkle with powdered sugar..
- If you have leftover cherries, remove the pits while they're still fresh and freeze..
- Here I baked half the amount of the recipe in a 20cm square pan..