Tender Sweet Potato Pound Cake.
You can have Tender Sweet Potato Pound Cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tender Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Prepare of Margarine.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Sweet potato.
- You need of Black sesame seeds.
Tender Sweet Potato Pound Cake step by step
- Dice the sweet potato and microwave until tender. Divide in half and roughly mash half..
- Bring the margarine and eggs to room temperature. Cram the margarine..
- Add the sugar in about 5 batches, mixing well between each addition. Mix well to incorporate air until the mixture becomes pale..
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add to the mixture from Step 3 in about 5 batches, combining well to ensure they don't separate..
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder at once as well as the mashed potato from Step 1 into the bowl from Step 4. Add in the diced potato too and fold in with a rubber spatula. Reserve some of the diced potato for the topping..
- Pour the mixture into the pan and drop it onto the table several times to remove air bubbles. Make the middle part sink a little to give it a nice finish..
- Top with the reserved potato and sesame. Bake for 35 minutes in the oven preheated to 170°C..
- Insert a skewer and if it comes out clean, it's done!.