Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake
- You need of All purpose Flour ( or use half white, half wholewheat flour).
- You need of Soft brown sugar.
- You need of Baking powder.
- You need of Baking Soda.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Ground nutmeg.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of Apple sauce, preferably unsweetened and smooth.
- It’s of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s of Vanilla extract.
- It’s of Grated zucchini.
- It’s of sunflower or olive oil.
Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 170c fan oven..
- Spray a 9 inch Bundt tin with non-stick cake release spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. So, add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt and cocoa powder and stir to combine..
- Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla..
- Lastly stir in grated zucchini..
- Pour into the prepared tin and place in oven. Bake for about an hour. Check two thirds of the way through and cover top with aluminium foil if it is getting too brown and crispy. I check every few minute after 50 minutes with a skewer inserted into the middle to check for doneness . The skewer should come out clean with only a couple of crumbs attached..
- This is a very moist, clean tasting chocolatey chocolate cake. My family never guessed it was fat free and contained fruit and veg. I just added a topping of Glacé Icing made with powdered sugar and water with cocoa to taste..
- Please note that I originally posted this recipe omitting the oil. I apologise for this oversight..