Beef and Guinness Stew.
You can have Beef and Guinness Stew using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Guinness Stew
- It’s 6 of strips Bacon.
- You need 4 lb of Chuck Roast or Sirloin Roast.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion Coarsely Chopped.
- It’s 3 of stalks Celery.
- It’s 2 of bottles – 24 oz total Guinness Beer.
- You need 1 of packet Onion Soup Mix.
- It’s 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 3 of Sprigs Thyme.
- You need 1 lb of Baby Carrots.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Beef Broth.
Beef and Guinness Stew instructions
- Fry the 6 strips of bacon in skillet. Reserve fat in skillet. Crumble bacon and put in roasting pan..
- Cut roast into 2 inch cubes and coat with the flour. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat up skillet with cooking oil to med-high. Sear the meat cubes for 3-4 minutes. Move them to roasting pan..
- Add the onion and celery. Stir in skillet until translucent. Add garlic for a couple of minutes to soften..
- Add Guinness beer to onion mixture. Scrape with wooden spoon to loosen stuck bits of goodness..
- Add onion soup mix and stir to combine..
- Stir in Tomato paste to combine. Add Thyme sprigs..
- Add baby carrots to meat in roasting pan..
- Add Guinness, onion, paste and onion soup mixture on top of roasting pan..
- Top up with up to 20 ounces (just covering meat). Cover roasting pan and place in 300°F oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 250°F for another 2 hours. Taste and check tenderness adjusting time if needed. Also adjust seasoning if needed..
- Prepare smashed potatoes. Use about 6-8 potatoes cut up in 1 inch cubes. Boil approx. 20 minutes or till fork tender..
- Drain and add about 1 cup of milk and 3 Tbsp. butter. Coarsely mash to your desired consistency adding milk or butter as needed..
- Place potatoes in bowl with a hole in the center. Fill hole with stew. Alternative: Put stew in bowl and add a dollop of potatoes on top of stew..
- Describe this step.