Sheree's Chicken Khorma.
You can cook Sheree's Chicken Khorma using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheree's Chicken Khorma
- It’s 2 medium of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth (can use boullion cubes or carton broth).
- Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 2 of bay leafs.
- You need 4 of cardmom pods.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala (can add extra if u want it spicier).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 pints of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 small of handful of raisons.
- Prepare 1 small of handful of roasted almond nuts.
- It’s 1 dash of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
Sheree's Chicken Khorma step by step
- *** cut up chicken into small bite size pieces..
- put garlic, onion, salt, pepper, on chicken and mix by hand. sit in fridge. while marinating get spices. (the next 8 ingredients).
- while chicken is marinating take 1 small can of diced tomatoes and pour off juice. put diced tomatoes in the food processor and blend well until mixture is pureed. set aside..
- put oil in skillet and fry bowl of spices in oil until they are aromatic. Add ginger and garlic paste. Stir until sizzling. Fry chicken until white..
- add pureed tomatoes and allow to get hot again on med high..
- add broth, turn it down on low and let simmer for 5 minutes. you may need to add more water..
- add remaining ingredients. Raisins and almonds are optional but they add a surprising flavor to the dish..
- at this point it should look thin. let cook for 15 – 25 Minutes on low or simmer. it should become thicker..
- *** I cook basmati rice in my rice cooker with a 1/2 tsp of cumin and chicken broth..