Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pindi rajma. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pindi Rajma is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pindi Rajma is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pindi rajma using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pindi Rajma:
- Make ready 1 cup of Rajma (Kidney Beans), soaked overnight.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 " of cinnamon stick.
- Get 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Get 4-5 of cloves.
- Get 1-2 of tea bags.
- Make ready 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- Get 1 tsp. of carom seeds (ajwain).
- Make ready 2 of green chilies, slit.
- Get 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Take 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida (opt).
- Get to taste of salt.
- Get 12 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves).
- Get 1 tsp. of amchur powder (dry mango powder).
- Make ready 1 tsp. of anardana powder (pomegranate seeds powder).
- Take 1/4 cup of tamarind water.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Pindi Rajma:
- Pressure cook the soaked rajma in 2 cups water, tea bags, salt, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. (You can also use a Bouquet Garni / Spice Potli instead) for 8-10 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle..
- Open the lid when it cools down. Discard the whole spices and the tea bags..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with carom seeds, asafoetida, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds..
- Add all the dry spices & saute for a few seconds..
- Now add the boiled rajma and simmer till it turns slightly thick..
- Mash it with a potato masher..
- Add the tamarind water & simmer till you get the desired consistency..
- When done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander..
- Serve with naan, kulcha, tandoori roti, poori, bhatura, paratha, chapati, plain rice or jeera rice..
The Foods You Select To Eat Will Effect Your Health
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food spot. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
One of the primary varieties of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will discover that most berries have large amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. Most berries also have plenty of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is especially good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will find that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off a variety of diseases.
You have to remember your mother and father telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is because this is really important for a healthy body. You may already know that many of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find essential potassium in vegetables as well. For example, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. You will also discover that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Although some of you like to have your snack foods, instead of reaching for the chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to discover that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have more than others. Your body will use these fatty acids as a building block for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. If you do not get the fatty acids you need your body will actually not be able to generate a number of of the hormones that it needs.
Now when it comes to the key food items that you have for dinner, you may well want to make sure you are eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The beauty of salmon is that along with other nutrients it’s also loaded with Omega-3. And when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. You should also trim off any fats that you find on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat.
Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you might have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or perhaps ice cream. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are additionally necessary for maintaining your health. A thing you really should try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
For those of you who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.