Fish cakes. A fishcake (sometimes written as fish cake) is a culinary dish consisting of filleted fish or other seafood minced or ground, mixed with a starchy food, and fried. Delicious fish cakes made with cod, potatoes, onion, butter, and parsley! You can substitute salmon for cod if you would rather make salmon cakes.
Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal. Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. You can have Fish cakes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish cakes
- You need 2 can of alaska pink salmon.
- You need 1 can of chunk light tuna.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 of flour.
- You need 8 dash of onion powder.
- Prepare 8 dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 dash of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of stone ground yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1 of lemon juice.
These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish. Pair them with homemade tartar sauce to really take this recipe to a new level. Fish cakes are amazing done right. I stumbled upon this simple recipe that is fool proof!!
Fish cakes step by step
- drain canned tuna and place in a bowl.
- drain pink salmon and remove all black and grey residue & place in bowl with tuna.
- chop red onion into a small dice at to bowl.
- pour oil into a shallow pan and place at medium high.
- put eggs, corn meal and seasonings in bowl..mix welk.
- make into round palm sized balls.. lightly dust cakes with flour.
- place in pan and fry until golden brown.
Served with some nice lemon slices, this is a beaut. Fish cakes are Irish traditional fare at its very best. These little wonders are created by combining mashed potatoes, flaked cooked fish, and herbs, then formed into individual cakes and coated in. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and Best fishcakes recipes. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights are packed.