Not Quite Lobster Cajun Mac N Cheese.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, not quite lobster cajun mac n cheese. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Not Quite Lobster Cajun Mac N Cheese is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Not Quite Lobster Cajun Mac N Cheese is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook not quite lobster cajun mac n cheese using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Not Quite Lobster Cajun Mac N Cheese:
- Make ready 10 oz of Cellantani pasta (looks like actual corkscrews with holes in the center, or "twisty tubes").
- Make ready 1/2 of medium onion – minced.
- Get 1/4 cup of butter.
- Get 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (start with just 1/4 tsp for less heat, adjust to taste as necessary).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sriracha (again, you may want to start with half and add more to taste).
- Make ready 1 tsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1 tsp of salt (more or less to personal taste).
- Get 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare 3 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Prepare 12 oz of Crawdad/Crawfish tails (fresh or frozen)- cooked, shelled, deveined.
- Get 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Make ready 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Instructions to make Not Quite Lobster Cajun Mac N Cheese:
- First and foremost, you will prep your crawdads. For simplicity I use a 12oz bag of frozen, fully cooked and prepped tails I can find at our local grocery story. The brand is Bordeaux's. To prep these, place the frozen package in cold water until thawed, about 30 minutes. When thawed carefully cut open package, pour crawdad tails into a colander and rinse under cold, running water. Shake excess water out of colander and pour out onto a paper towel lined plate (several layers thick). Cover with a few more paper towels and gently press to absorb moisture. Set aside. If you WANT to start from fresh, raw crawdads and go through all the extra work to get their tails that's up to you. I prefer to cut out a lot more work and mess. Plus you'll have to buy (or find, if you hunt your own) a LOT of crawdads for 12oz of tails..
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease bottom and sides of a 2 quart casserole dish with about 1 tsp butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray (we used a deep dish). In a small bowl combine panko breadcrumbs and olive oil, stir well with a fork to coat. Set dish and breadcrumbs aside for later..
- Now, onto the actual makin'! Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over medium high heat. Add pasta, bring back to a boil for 10 minutes, until pasta is barely al dente. When done drain pasta in colander (do not rinse!) and set aside..
- While your pasta is cooking you can begin making your sauce. In a large sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add minced onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes..
- Add flour to sauce pan. Use whisk to stir into butter and onion to make a rue. Cook for about 2 minutes and rue begins to turn golden. This cooks out that raw flour taste and gives a more nutty flavor..
- Turn heat up to medium high. While constantly whisking, slowly add heavy cream followed by milk. Whisk quickly until completely smooth, no rue clumps remain..
- Bring to a low boil while whisking regularly. Turn heat back down to medium and gently simmer, whisking constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. About 5 minutes..
- Turn off heat. Add all seasonings and spices (I attached them to this step for quick reference). Whisk until well incorporated. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese and whisk until completely melted and sauce is smooth..
- Transfer crawdads from plate to sauce. Gently fold in until they're all combined. Taste your sauce. Adjust seasoning as needed to suit your taste for salt and spiciness..
- Add drained pasta to sauce. Gently stir until completely combined. It should look kind of "soupy" at this point..
- Transfer mac n cheese to prepared casserole. Top with remaining cup of cheese followed by breadcrumb mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until top is bubbly and breadcrumbs are golden..
- When done carefully remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve as your main dish with a salad or favorite veggies on the side..
- Note: You can use other pastas good for mac.n cheese such as elbow macaroni, rotini, penne, shells, etc., but we prefer cellantani because we think its shape holds the sauce and any mix-ins we add to mac n cheese perfectly..
The Meals You Select To Consume Will Effect Your Health
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Your state of health can be greatly improved by simply eating plenty of berries. The quantity of vitamin C that can be found in berries, is one of the principal reasons you need to be eating berries. Most berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is especially good for your circulatory system. Most folks already understand that cells begin to break down in time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells much healthier for longer periods of time.
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will in addition be able to have a good affect on your health. You may already realize that the majority of of the vitamins you need each day can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. You will notice that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is full of potassium. Something different you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
Although some of you love to have your snack foods, instead of reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. One of many health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds is the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. These fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of li
fe. If you do not get the fatty acids you’ll need your body will actually not be able to create a few of the hormones that it needs.
In terms of sitting down to supper you should in addition think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. You will find that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. And when it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Additionally before cooking your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat.
Additionally when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think of having various citrus fruits. Together with vitamin C, you will discover that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these fruits. Something you may want to try for one of your desserts will be to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is additionally not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.