Stuffed Grape Leaves.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, stuffed grape leaves. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Stuffed Grape Leaves is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Stuffed Grape Leaves is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have stuffed grape leaves using 21 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Grape Leaves:
- Get of Meat Filling Mixture.
- Take 3 1/2 lb of ground meat (turkey, beef, lamb, deer).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice, rinsed.
- Get 2 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, minced.
- Get of Grape Leaves.
- Prepare 1 large of jar of grape leaves (90 count).
- Make ready of Sauce.
- Take 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Make ready 1 quart of Tomato sauce (Spaghetti sauce).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, minced.
- Make ready 2 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Get of water or more chicken broth.
- Get of Utensils.
- Get 8 quart of lidded stock pot.
- Prepare 1 of heat proof plate, cast iron lid.
- Make ready 1 of weight or cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of large plates.
- Get 1 of sharp knife.
Steps to make Stuffed Grape Leaves:
- Mix with your hand all the meat, onion, and rinsed brown rice, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup onion..
- Set aside. ( I use 19oz. Pkg ground turkey, a little more than a lb. of ground beef and ground deer meat. The combo to me makes it taste somewhat like lamb. I have used all ground beef. Use what you like best.).
- Open your grape leaves , drain, and pull out a bundle. This jar has three. It is a little tricky, don't worry if you tear some on the first bundle..
- Trim stems and large veins..
- Trim the stems from one bunch of grape leaves. ( I do one bunch and fill them, then move on to the next bunch ).
- You may use as much or as little meat as you like, if you use too much it will be hard to fold and not come out like a neat bundle, don't worry just take out some of the meat filling and reroll..
- This is a large leaf. Some will be odd shaped or torn, set those aside until last. Pointed side is at bottom. Fold top down over meat..
- Fold sides in keeping leaf snug around meat..
- Roll down to bottom to make a stuffed tight bundle. Continue until you use your pile of grape leaves..
- Put the finished ones on a large plate. I do these a bundle at a time because I stand at the counter and my back needs a break every so often. If you sit at your table you may be able to work straight through. Stuff and roll til you run out of something..
- You will get large and small leaves. You can separate large and small when you trim the stems off..
- I had 14 leaves left when I ran out of meat. You could put these in a freezer bag, removing the air, and keep for a month in the freezer OR you can lay a few of them in the bottom of your large pot to protect your bundles from possible burning..
- Now we will assemble and get ready to cook.
- Take a large pot with a lid, I use an 8 quart size. Layer 6-8 of your left over grape leaves on the bottom of pot. Since you can't stir while cooking, sometimes it burns a little if your fire is too high..
- Pour enough tomato sauce to just cover your leaves in the bottom of pot..
- Layer your bundles in a flat layer snugly. Repeat layering of bundles until you have put all stuffed grape leaves into pot..
- I had 3 layers, about 77. You want them snug because in the sauce they may float, open and your filling will come out. That is why in a few more steps we will lay a plate or weight on top of them..
- Pour the rest of the tomato juice, the onion, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, and the 3 cups of chicken stock over the bundles slowly..
- ***Place a small metal or plastic plate or cast iron lid ( I couldn't find mine) on top of the bundles with a cup of water if it needs some weight. My Grandfather did this with the stock pot smaller lid and a metal weight. ***I usually don't do this but a lot of recipes call for it so I thought I would try it this time.!!!!!! My plate and water were not heavy enough to stay in place while cooking. Cast iron or a steel trivot would work. Almost all stayed wrapped anyway.!!!!.
- Use low flame. Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer. Add more broth or water if the sauce gets below the bundles. We need to cook the meat and the rice and still have sauce left for when we eat them.( I didn't need extra water).
- Cook for 2 hours then check to see if your rice is cooked by cutting one in half and tasting. If not cook 30 minutes more on low. (I cooked mine for 3 hours because I was waiting for the hubby to get home, they were perfect, not overcooked at all and not burned).
- Serve with a little sauce spooned over them. Some buttered crusty bread and a salad..
Choosing The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the different foods that you will get at all of those take out places. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In this post we’re going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain in good health.
You will find that various kinds of berries can be extremely good for your health. The amount of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the principal reasons you should be eating berries. Another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can assist with your circulatory system. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off a variety of diseases.
You have to remember your mother and father telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is extremely important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables also have potassium. You will recognize that one of the vegetables we are discussing is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. Spinach can also be something that you may want to start consuming more of as it includes a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
Nuts as well as various seeds is a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to f
ind that these snack items are generally loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have much more than others. These types of fatty acids are vital to helping your body create the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. One thing you may not comprehend is that various hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these kinds of fatty acids.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you have for dinner, you may well want to be certain that you’re eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The great thing about salmon is that together with other nutrients it is also loaded with Omega-3. Now when you choose to have a steak for an evening meal one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. Also before preparing your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
Citrus fruit will be one of the better things that you might have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. In addition to vitamin C, you will find that there are lots of other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.