Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, greek salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Greek Salad is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Greek Salad is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek salad using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Salad:
- Get 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 of red onion.
- Make ready 1 of green bell pepper, cored.
- Get 1-2 of cucumbers.
- Take of Greek pitted Kalamata olives.
- Get 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Get of Greek feta cheese (crumble).
- Get 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Make ready of Serve with crusty bread!.
Instructions to make Greek Salad:
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges or large chunks.
- Cut the partially peeled cucumber in half length-wise, then slice into thick halves (at least 1/2″ in thickness).
- Thinly slice the bell pepper into rings..
- Cut the red onion in half and thinly slice into half moons..
- Place everything in a large salad dish. Add a good handful of the pitted kalamata olives..
- Season very lightly with salt (just a pinch). Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar..
- Give everything a very gentle toss to mix; do NOT over mix, this salad is not meant to be handled too much..
- Now add the the feta on top. Sprinkle the dried oregano on top..
- Serve with crusty bread!.
- I like to refrigerate mine to 1 or 2 hours before serving but you don’t have too..
- Notes- you can use any Tomatoes that you like as many or as little, that goes for everything in this recipe. You can use different colors bell peppers or sweet peppers… I think the more Olive oil you use the better and a slash of vinegar… I know I use way more olive oil than the recipe calls for.. I make everything to taste with this recipe… if you don’t like an ingredient use less of it or not at all. The best part about this salad is you can make a lot of it or just one severing….
Deciding On The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy
One thing that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be ingesting that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Your state of health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating a lot of berries. You will find that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. Most berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is incredibly beneficial to your overall health and is particularly good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will find that these antioxidants can help you with is keeping your cells healthy, this can help one’s body to fight off many different diseases.
You must remember your mother and father telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is extremely important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing a number of vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables also have potassium. You will find that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
While some of you enjoy having your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. Almost all nuts will have lots of protein and you can also find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. These types of fatty acids are essential to helping your body produce the proper levels of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. Unless you get the fatty acids you’ll need your body will actually not be able to produce a number of of the hormones that it requires.
When it comes to sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. You will recognize that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is important for your diet, however you don’t have to eat a lot, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. Additionally before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
Everybody likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition necessary for maintaining your health. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
For those who want to begin living a healthier life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.