You can have Fish Cakes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Cakes
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of brown onion grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 185 grams of tuna in springwater,drained(reserve 1 tbsp of juice), & flaked.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh parsley chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Fish Cakes instructions
- heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in frying pan,add onion, cook untill soft, set aside to cool..
- put tuna(& reserved juice), breadcrumbs, onion, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, parsley, creamed corn & salt & pepper in medium bowl & combine well..
- place flour onto plate & beaten egg in shallow bowl..
- form tuna mixture into 4 patties. pour the remaining oil into frying pan(more if desired). place on medium heat..
- once oil is hot dip each patty into egg then flour & place in frying pan, press slightly with spatula..
- cook until crisp & golden on both sides, drain on paper towel & serve..
- enjoy with salad & chips or make tuna patty burgers if desired..