California Rolls with Fillings of Your Choice. See great recipes for Roll-Your-Own California Rolls too! The California roll is made with crab meat, either cooked crab or imitation crab meat, plus avocado and cucumber. You'll watch Hitoshi carefully prepare the ingredients and make a sushi roll that's as beautiful as it is delicious.
The California roll has cucumber, avocado, crab, rolled in white rice and nori. You can make any kind you want, there are many different rolls. zuccini. etc. You could do a western roll with bbq meat and onion rings with baked beans! jk. You can have California Rolls with Fillings of Your Choice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Rolls with Fillings of Your Choice
- Prepare 3 of rice bowls White rice.
- It’s 2 of leaves Lettuce.
- Prepare 1/4 of Avocado.
- Prepare 3 of to 6 pieces Filling of your choice (tuna, salmon, imitation crab sticks, etc.).
- Prepare of Sushi vinegar.
- Prepare 50 ml of Grain vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kombu based dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
The surprise ingredient in the filling is California green and black olives that add a distinct flavor to the sushi rolls. Cut olives into four slices and add If you are making sushi at home for the first time, we would recommend that you start with California roll, which contains a filling of cucumber, avocado. The California roll here contains avocado, crab sticks and salmon. For those salmon-lovers, this roll may be their first choice, as the salmon inside is rich and tender.
California Rolls with Fillings of Your Choice instructions
- Making the sushi rice: Mix the sushi vinegar ingredients until well-combined. Pour the sushi vinegar over the warm rice. Mix until barely-combined, and let cool..
- Cut the filling: Cut the filling into evenly sized pieces so the cross section of the sushi will look neat. Cut the avocado into thin slices and shred the lettuce..
- To roll: Spread out the sushi rice thinly over a sheet of nori seaweed and put a piece of plastic wrap on top. Flip it over. Place the fillings 5 cm from the bottom, and roll up the ingredients..
- To finish: Slice the sushi rolls using a sharp knife. Moisten the knife with a wet towel before slicing. Arrange the California rolls on a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds, mayonnaise, and salmon roe..
The California roll here contains cucumber, pickles,eggs, corn and small amounts of tuna. The fillings are lighter than the competition. Cover a makisu (sushi rolling mat) with plastic wrap. Place half of a sheet of the seaweed over the plastic on the mat. Place a handful of rice across the seaweed and spread it evenly over the seaweed.