Super-Fluffy Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Super-Fluffy Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super-Fluffy Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake
- You need of Kabocha squash.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of A. Egg yolks.
- It’s of A. Granulated sugar.
- It’s of B. Egg whites.
- You need of B. Granulated sugar.
- It’s of ●Cake flour.
- You need of ●Baking powder.
- It’s of shakes ●Cinnamon.
- It’s of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Super-Fluffy Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake instructions
- Slice the kabocha squash. Microwave to soften..
- Press the kabocha through a strainer. Mix in the milk to make smooth..
- Add all [A] ingredients into a bowl and mix well. When white and thick, add the kabocha mixture and vanilla extract..
- Make a meringue with [B] ingredients. Whip lightly and add 1/3 of the granulated sugar. Mix well. Add the rest of the sugar in two batches. Whip until it forms peaks..
- Mix in the vegetable oil into the bowl from Step 3..
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue. Whip from bottom up, and mix while incorporating air..
- Now using a rubber spatula, add the rest of the meringue in 2 batches..
- Pour the batter into the mold. Smooth out the surface. Bake in 170°C oven for 35 to 40 minutes..
- When done, flip it upside-down to cool. After it's cooled down, cover with a bag and let it moisten up..
- Remove from mold when it's completely cooled down. Serve..
- Here, I sliced the cake and wrapped it individually before forming them into a chiffon shape again..